Kiwi Fruit Benefits, A Nutrition Profile:
A number of research studies have highlighted the many kiwi fruit benefits. Nutrition is key to keeping a healthy body and kiwi is one fruit that should be part of our nutrition plan if we want to stave off certain disorders and health problems. Here are some of the diseases that kiwifruit have been known to help alleviate or prevent.
1. High blood pressure. A study from Oslo, Norway has shown that kiwi has positive effects on people’s blood pressure. A group of participants who were given kiwifruit for eight weeks exhibited lower blood pressure after the experiment, leading experts to claim that this fruit does have promise as a tool in controlling blood pressure.
2. Age-related macular degeneration (ARMD). This vision problem is quite common among people with advancing age. Kiwifruit has been found to have the ability to stave off this problem. Although it cannot reverse an already existing ARMD condition, the vitamins and minerals contained in the fruit can help strengthen the body’s defenses against this problem.
3. Diarrhea and constipation. And just about every type of digestive disorder can be kept at bay by adding kiwi to your daily fruit serving. Kiwi is rich in prebiotics, the non-digestible food ingredients best known for stimulating the good bacteria naturally present in the gut. The stronger and the higher level of good bacteria in your stomach, the lesser your chances of suffering digestive disorders since these good bacteria can keep your gut well-balanced. That is why eating kiwi or taking kiwi-based nutritional supplement like Digesten-K has been highly supported by digestive health experts.
4. Skin problems. Some women have been known to use the pulp of the fruit as a facial mask or as a topical material. Kiwi contains a healthy dose of vitamin E, vitamin B1 and vitamin B2 and a host of other nutrients that have long been proven to be beneficial to the skin. You not only get a healthy, blemish-free skin by eating kiwi, you can also acquire a glowing look that can only come from a healthy body.
5. Diabetes. No, it is not an outright cure for diabetes, but it does help regulate the glucose levels in the body, which makes it easier for diabetics to manage their condition. It is a healthy fruit that can be eaten even by diabetics without suffering from adverse reactions.
6. Respiratory problems. Kiwi is particularly good to people who suffer from respiratory problems such as asthma. It has also been found to be effective in preventing coughing and wheezing, particularly among children. The antioxidants that the fruit contains help protect the body from the negative effects of toxins and other elements that may irritate or clog the respiratory system.
7. Weight gain. Replacing unhealthy snacks with kiwifruit can help you lose weight in a healthy way. You not only eliminate the unhealthy fats and high calories that you get from eating chips and candies, you also gain a lot of other health-related kiwi fruit benefits. Nutrition, after all, is the key to keeping healthy and to keeping off unwanted weight.